We have made some changes to our schedule. No regular classes are affected. We have changed some of the availability of our Intro classes and child care hours. We will now only have child care Monday through Friday at 10:00am-11:00am. Now that school has started, we do not currently have sufficient demand to justify additional times. If that changes, then we will most definitely look to add more child care hours.
September/October marks our 3 year anniversary. Thank you to all our members for making this possible! We will be doing several things to show our appreciation. The first thing is that our 3x per week members will be upgraded to 4x per week and our 2x per week members will be upgraded to 3x per week for the months of September and October. You must be a member as of 8/31/14 to qualify. Our unlimited members will be receiving a special gift to be announced later this week!
Beginner Olympic Lifting Class – Friday 5:30pm-6:30pm
Honored Prairie/ Seven Sons
Our next delivery is this Saturday, September 6th. Your last day to order is this Monday, September 1st.
Honored Prairie/Seven Sons has a completely redesigned website that is much easier to use. We can’t emphasize enough the importance of all three aspects of a healthy life – diet, rest, and exercise. If any one of those is neglected, then sooner or later you will pay. The saying that “You are what you eat” is more true today than ever given all the pesticides, herbicides, hormones, antibiotics, artificial ingredients, GMOs, sugar and other chemicals/contaminants that are found in our food.
Do yourself a favor and eat the highest quality meats, eggs, and dairy at very competitive prices delivered to you at FTX CrossFit.
It’s as easy as 3-2-1-Go!
3 – Go to the website
2- Pre-order online
1- Choose Carol Stream (FTX CrossFit) as your pick-up location
Go – Pick-up and pay for your order at FTX CrossFit
If you have any questions please call Jennifer Schwartz at (630) 981-4965
Monday, May 26
We are closed today.
Memorial Day to Labor Day Challenge
Most of our CrossFit workouts are measured in order to objectively be able to evaluate progress. This week is a repeat of the Memorial Day week at the beginning of this summer. This week will give us a chance to see how everyone has improved over the summer. In lieu of the Strength program we will be doing the various smaller benchmarks along with the primary benchmark WODs. We will make some sheets available for you all to record your results. We’ll then compare them to the ones you all filled out at the beginning of summer. If you weren’t here at the beginning of summer, then just establish these benchmarks now as we’ll reference them again sometime in the future.
For the workouts/benchmarks this week, only attempt 1RMs if you have been consistently working out 3x+/week for the last 4-6 weeks AND have done the exercise being attempted at least once per week during that time. Otherwise just work up to a heavy set of 5 reps and record that weight. Attempting 1RMs or 3RMs when you are not used to that particular exercise can cause serious injury.
Talk to your trainers about scaling these WODs as necessary. If you did these at the beginning of the summer, then do them exactly the same as back then. The idea was to get the right level of challenge so that we could get a proper comparison. If you haven’t done these, then now is the time to establish a good benchmark for future reference.
Tuesday, September 2
- Max # of push-ups in 2:00. Work with a partner to count (partner will be lying down in front, extend one arm where fist will be directly under partner’s sternum). Range of movement will be full extension to touching partners fist. If you come out of the push-up position, then you are done even if 2:00 aren’t over. The push-up position being only hands and toes touching ground with back straight. (Slight arching up/down will be permitted during reps to “rest”, but actual reps must be performed with the body in a straight position.) If you can only do one or two like this, then so be it. We’ll then see how many you can do at the end of the summer.
- Max # of burpees in 2:00 to a 6″ target above reach.
- Thrusters 95/65#
Wednesday, September 3
- Max # of sit-ups in 2:00. Work with a partner to count. These will be anchored sit-ups, i.e. partner will hold feet/ankles. Knees should be at a 90 degree angle. Hands will be crossed over chest, and hands should be on shoulders. Bottom position is where shoulder blades make full contact with ground. Top position is elbows touching knees. Throughout the entire motion your arms may not uncross and your hands may not let go of your shoulders. Glutes must maintain contact with ground the entire time (No rocking).
- Max jump height – From a standing position jump and touch wall as high as possible, i.e. no taking a few steps and then jumping. Score is difference between standing reach and jumping reach. Perform 3 attempts. Work with a partner to help measure.
See here for full info on CrossFit Total.
- Back Squat
- Strict Press
Thursday, September 4
- Max # of strict-pullups. From the full hang to chin over the bar w/o kipping. Once you come off the bar you are done. Try this even if you get 0 or 1. In the case of 0 we’ll note how close you get to the bar with your chin.
- Max Broad Jump. Warm-up then make 3 attempts. Toes need to be behind line. Distance will be measured from line to rear-most heel. Must land without falling, i.e. no hands may touch floor. Also must land without taking a step forward.
Do it with a partner. One person counts while other person does it.
For time (Max. 12 minutes):
- 1000 meter row
- Thruster 45 lbs (50 reps)
- Pull-ups (30 reps)
If you can’t do unassisted pull-ups, then just do ring rows. If you can do unassisted pull-ups, then do as many as you can in the amount of time given.
Score = Time or # of reps completed by 12:00.
Friday, September 5
- 1 RM Snatch. Warm-up and then work-up to a weight where you will make 3 attempts for a 1RM.
“FTX Baseline B”
5 Rounds for time of:
- 400m Run
- 20 KB Swings 55/35#
- 20 Wallballs 20/14# @ 8′/10′
Saturday, September 6
Rest in between events as needed.
- 40 yd dash
- Baseball Throw (3 attempts)
- 100m sprint
- 10# Slam Ball Shot-put Toss (3 attempts)
- 440 sprint
- Long jump (3 attempts)
- Max distance handstand walk
- Run 1 mile for time