This year we have a lot of fun stuff planned for the Open.
- The Open itself – Start Feb. 23 and goes through Mar. 27. There are 5 weeks. On Thursday at 7pm of each week the weekly WOD is announced. You’ll have until the following Monday at 7pm to complete the workout. Cost is only $20. Register here.
- Thursday Night Announcements – CrossFit announces the workouts each Thursday at 7pm CT via a live webcast. Following the live webcast, we will have our very own line-ups on each Thursday.
- 17.1 – The Guys
- 17.2 – The Gals
- 17.3 – The Rookies
- 17.4 – Masters
- 17.5 – Special
- FTX CrossFit Open Partner Intramural – Find a partner in your same division, i.e. sex/age. We will have a variety of prizes throughout the Open for the Intramural.
- Partner Open Bingo – With a partner grab one of our FTX Open Bingo cards and try to get a bingo. Once you have a bingo, submit your card for a raffle at our FTX Open Party!
- Sunday Judging Sessions – During the Open we will be Open on Sunday afternoons (specific times TBD) for those that want to do the Open WOD on that day.
- CrossFit Games Tickets – Each affiliate with 12+ participants in the Open will get to buy some advance Games tickets. We will make our lot/share available to those FTX members that want to go to the Games this year in Madison, WI. We will give first dibs to those that participated in the Open.
- FTX CrossFit Open Party – Our annual party to celebrate the end of the CrossFit Open. Saturday, April 8th 5pm – 7pm at FTX, and then we’ll be heading over to Wheaton Bowl until ??. We will also be hosting a fundraiser WOD that day from 10am-1pm for Autism Speaks.
Anyone can do the Open. There are multiple divisions by age for both men and women. You also have the option to do scaled version. (Note: If you do a workout one time as Rx, then you can still do it Scaled on another one and vice-versa.)
At FTX CrossFit we have seen many people get their 1st ____, get PRs and overall improve throughout the Open. Think of it as a great 5 week challenge that will motivate you and be lots of fun!
Register here for the 2017 CrossFit Open!